This Design and Construct project at a water treatment plant was to upgrade the existing system to deliver improved disinfection levels that consistently meet the requirements of the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines. Hydramet designed, installed and commissioned a complete chloramination dosing facility to treat the water from the 9ML tank on-site.
The site supplies water to a local town,
so there was no room for error. The team at Hydramet worked to critical
time lines to ensure continuity of the water supply to the local
We also cleared the site around the existing system which was surrounded by trees and excavated the 742 hectare site. Hydramet was also responsible for completing the civil works and integrating the new buildings to the existing infrastructure.
Our highly skilled technicians conducted a site-wide integration into the client's SCADA system including upgrading the pump stations and remote water quality monitoring. The scope of the contract included:
• Power connection to the Western Power pillar on-site.
• Flow measurement systems.
• Critical shutoff / flow control valves.
• Chemical injection and sampling points.
• Control and communications systems.
• Buildings, hardstands, security fencing and bollards.
• Design, installation and commissioning of all mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and
controls associated with the works.
• Design, construction and commissioning of all civil and structural associated with the